9.26.2010

Happy Birthday Bo!

Today,
you would have been thirty.

THE BIG 3-0.


I wonder what you would have been like.
I wonder if you would have been married to Emily.
I wonder if you would have had more children.
I wonder if the military thing would have worked out.
I wonder if you would still be doing tattoos.
I wonder if you would be playing the city league football this year.
I wonder if you would have been paying your bills or spending foolishly.
I wonder if I would have been mad at you for some reason or another.
I wonder if I would have disowned you for the millionth time.
I wonder how many concerts we would have gone to in the last  5+ years.
I wonder what kind of job you would have had.
I wonder if you would make yourself cupcakes for your birthday or if I would make a cheesecake.
I wonder if you would have liked The Cheesecake Factory.
I wonder if you would still be trim & muscular, or sporting a belly.
I wonder if you would have started to go bald.
I wonder if your priorities had changed by 30.
I wonder if you would have found meaning in your life.
I wonder if you had finally followed through with at least one of those big aspirations.
I wonder if I'd be talking on the phone to you right now.
I wonder if you would have been able to give me advice or some direction on my own problems.
I wonder if you would help me lose weight.
I wonder if you would still be honest and tell me how large and in charge I have become.
I wonder how you would have been with your nephews.
I wonder what kind of rotten things they would have learned from you.
I wonder if you would have still had the hots for Susanna.
I wonder where you would have been living.
I wonder what kind of vehicle you would have been driving.
I wonder if you would have been hanging out with the wrong crowd still.

I wonder what MY life would be like if you were still here...

I wonder most of all, how you would have felt about turning 30.

I had a great 30, I wanted you to have a big happy 30 too.
Here's to you;

HaPpY 30tH BiRtHdAy BrO!
I hope you know how loved and missed you are.